Well, we are officially one week into October, which means my birthday month is officially over! I love birthdays and this one was a special celebration for me, naturally, I turned 21! Over the past twenty-one years, I have learned a lot about myself that made me stop and reflect. Below are 21 things I’ve learned:
- Surround yourself with people who will lift you higher and tell the haters to “Go on and get” as one of my friend’s dads likes to say! Be yourself. Fearlessly!
- Call your grandparents and ask them about their day. You’ll never regret it.
- Don’t take your friends for granted, let them know they are appreciated.
- Always send thank you notes.
- Spend your money when you have it. You can’t take it with you, so enjoy life and spend money on things that contribute to your happiness.
- Experiment with your hair. If you hate it, it will grow back. Trust me!
- Embrace Change. This can be a hard one for me. Change, even if it is unexpected and not what you wanted, usually works out in the end.
- Buy the shoes. Always. I’ll say no more.
- Find a creative outlet. This is different for everyone, but having the opportunity to express yourself, in an alternative way, promotes inner growth. My blog has made all of the difference in my life.
- Make time for yourself.
- Throw the to-do-list away for a day and be spontaneous once in a while!
- See a movie with your parents.
- Remember that it’s okay to cry.
- Take road tips with your friends. The best memories are made on the road.
- Wear your retainers (I’m learning the hard way!)
- You don’t have to have everything figured out at any point in time. It’s okay to hate where your life is going, but like I said above in 7, things usually work out in the end. Just hold on.
- Take risks. Do something that scares you.
- Remember that no everyone walks the same path.
- Be grateful. It expands our hearts to love.
- Have 30 second dance parties when you’re stressed out. Even if you have absolutely no rhythm at all, it helps!
- Have fun. If something isn’t making you happy, cut it out of your life.
I can’t wait to see how this list changes and develops over the next 21 years of my life! Cheers and happy Saturday!!
3 thoughts on “21 Things I’ve Learned In 21 Years”
I remember when I first met you on the volleyball team at Mercy and how impressed I was with you, BTW how cute that Kerry and Sean are finally dating. But to see what you’ve done and following your blog you’ve turned in to an amazing person and beautiful women. Wish I was as driven and prepared and successful as you will be. Keep it up
Good for you to realize at these things now. You have grown into a smart and caring young woman. Very very proud of you. I love you.
Those are 21 reasons we love you. Keep being Allison and your life will be full if joy.
We live our calls