Have you ever had a moment in the middle of the day or first thing in the morning where you wanted to press a “restart” button for a do-over? Or maybe even a “pause” button so you could figure out what to do? Have you ever felt the need to stop in the middle of the crazy hectic thing we call life to appreciate the world around you? I will be the first to admit that I am horrible at this. I am always running from point A to point B, going to meetings, replying to emails, trying to plan and set everything up perfectly.
This blog post is a note to self and to anyone who feels like they need to slow down, decompresses, and just stop to take life in.
- De-clutter your life from things that aren’t important.
- Creatively express yourself in a way that complements your attributes! (I started blogging as away to express myself in a positive way when I was going through a hard time in my life. It is amazing how channeling your negative energy into something positive can truly make you smile.)
- Stop judging. Easier said than done, but the moment you drop that judgment wall with yourself and those in your life you will feel a weight lifted from your shoulders.
- Laughter is the best medicine.Don’t take life too seriously. Give yourself permission to laugh and smile.
- Set realistic fitness goals and stick to them. As Elle Woods said, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.”
- Have a close friend or two where you can share your joys and sorrows. Quality over quantity is definitely something I have learned over the years when it comes to friendships.
And last but not least,
- Stop and smell the roses. The old saying that helps put life in perspective. Stop, take a minute to enjoy the little things that God created. It helps order life.
Photographer: R. Marie Photography
2 thoughts on “Stop and Smell The Roses”
A great “note to self” for everyone!
Amazing blog post! Such an important reminder-enjoying the journey is part of the journey!